Cottage cheese commonly known as Paneer is a famous in South Asia. Paneer is very healthy and can be prepared in many different ways. Paneer is a 100% vegetarian ingredient and is liked by almost everyone.
There are several tasty dishes you can make with Paneer. Some of these recipes are very easy to make and do not take much time too. You can have these with bread or rice.
So here you go!
Paneer recipe no. 1: Gravy Paneer
- 300g Paneer – cut it in cubes or in diamond shape
- 1 capsicum- chopped into thin long strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5-6 flakes garlic – chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp Coriander (dhania) powder
- Salt as per taste
How to prepare:
You will take 20 minutes time to prepare this paneer recipe.
- Take a nonstick pan put it in low heat
- Add olive oil
- When the oil is hot add crushed garlic and fry it until golden.
- Next, add tomato puree in the pan.
- Add the chopped capsicum and mix it well.
- Now time to add the dry herbs – garam masala and dhania powder
- Add sugar and salt to taste
- Finally, add the paneer
- Saute it for a minute or two.
- Cover the pan and let it cook on low flame for 5 mins
- Your Panner recipe is ready
- Serve it hot with Roti, Paratha or bread.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: INR 50.00
Price: INR 105.00
Price: Out of stock
Price: INR 120.00
Price: INR 60.00
Price: INR 140.00
Paneer recipe no.2: Paneer Tikka
- 1 kg paneer cut in cubes
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 3tsp ginger paste
- Half cup onion paste
- 2 cups of yogurt
- 2tsp chaat masala
- 2 spoon butter
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Chilli powder, salt, and black pepper as per taste
How to prepare
- Take a bowl
- Beat the yogurt
- Add onion paste along with ginger and garlic paste
- Mix the paste well with the yogurt
- Once the paste is mixed, add the chaat masala
- Now add the paneer in the bowl
- Squeeze the lemon juice
- Add salt, sugar, black pepper, chili powder as per taste
- Coat the paneer well with the gravy
- Take a saucer or plate
- Melt the butter, and greased it evenly
- Arrange the coated paneer in the plate
- Put it in the microwave oven for 7 mins, take it out the plate after 7 mins
- Turn all the paneer over, brush the remaining butter.
- Cook it for more 5 mins in the microwave oven
And your paneer tikka is ready.
Picture courtesy: Wikimedia Commons